Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kellogg

Had a great mini-vacation with my family in Kellogg, Idaho at Silver Mountain. (Random fact, the speed limit is 75 mph out there--I've never seen a speed limit greater than 70. I guess I need to get further inland more often.) We took lots of great pictures on my family's new camera, which is unfortunately by understandably with them and not with me, so maybe I'll make a facebook album from them next time I'm home. Which will occur, God willing, in four weeks, during the few days between when my job ends and the semester begins.

------------------------

I'm not a big fan of Facebook Applications in general, but I put on these two a few weeks back and recommend them:

If you love music (so virtually everyone): "Currently Listening To." It shows the name, artist, and album cover of whatever CD you're currently listening to. This is one of the features I loved about Xanga back in the day.

If you love to read: "Currently Reading." Likewise, this just shows the book name, title, and cover of whatever you're reading. I love the simplicity of it. I don't have to sketch out all the books I've ever read, the books I own, the books I want to read, etc etc (there are more popular library applications out there for that), but this is just what I'm reading right now. It takes about 5 seconds. Both this and the listening to application work with a simple query, and this has picked up even the more obscure books I've tried.

I'm currently listening to Bebo Norman's greatest hits CD, which is amazing (he's got a duet with Rich Mullins, who died over 10 years ago), and reading the autobiography of Jonathan Goforth, a missionary to China after the turn of the century, who emphasized Revival by the work of the Holy Spirit through people who pray continually. Goforth--isn't that a wonderful name for a missionary??

No comments: