Monday, September 22, 2008

Logos

"Lord I don't know where all this is going /
Or how it all works out /
Lead me to peace that is past understanding /
a peace beyond all doubt"

Great song by the Newsboys.

The next section in Philippians is amazing!

Been looking at Logos Bible Software Bible Study Edition, which looks like a really great tool. For just Bibles, Biblegateway.com has it all (great site). What appeals to me about Logos is the built in concordance, cross-references, lexicons, Bible Dictionaries, maps, commentaries, and more. Right now my Soma Prep involves 4 Bibles open (NIV, ESV, NASB, and the pocket Gideon NKJV), BibleGateway.com for the NLT version, the free E-Sword Bible Study software for Strong's Numbers referencing the original words, the StudyLight.org lexicon for definitions of those words and to see other uses in Scripture (of course for a serious word study you want to cross-reference the original word, not the English word!), and maybe some commentaries. Logos puts that all in one place. Granted I still really like bound books, hence the multiple physical bibles, but I think I'd use Logos a lot. It's just a little pricy.

I'm so grateful to have a lighter class load this semester to have more time for all this good stuff. :)

No comments: